|Employer:||Radial Health Group
|Specialties:||Rehabilitation Medicine, Physiatry
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:|| Alpharetta 30009, GA, US
Full-time Medical Coding Specialist position available at a fast-paced, innovative, team-oriented healthcare company. This position is responsible for accurately and timely posting of insurance payments, related contractual adjustments and denials through electronic remit stations and/or manual posting methods. This person must be self-motivated and able to work independently. The ability to meet deadlines is a must.
- Post all manual and electronic payments to patient accounts with accuracy
- Resolve any edits and report issues timely and accurately.
- Work zero-dollar EOB’s.
- Post all manual contractual allowances, rejection codes, deductibles, and copayments.
- Update and maintain spreadsheets used for reconciliation.
- Research unidentified payments and/or recoupment to determine appropriate resolution.
- Process and post-credit cards.
- Work with the team to achieve daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Reconcile payments daily before the end of the shift.
- Work refunds for insurance companies and patients.
- Certified Professional Coding (CPC) Certificate is a must.
- Prior experience with high volume healthcare transactional environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of insurance benefits and medical terminology is a plus.
- High School Diploma. Medical Billing and Procedures
- Must be comfortable interacting with employees, medical staff, leadership, and medical providers.
- Must have strong critical thinking skills
- Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Ability to perform in high productivity, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills and conflict resolution.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent phone and computer skills.
- Ability to maintain sensitive information in confidence.
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize responsibilities.
- Strong ability to uphold organizational values, work with integrity and ethically, inspire the trust of others, and treat people with respect.