|Required Certifications:||CPC or CRC
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||US - Remote, GA* Note: This listing is for a remote position
Cotiviti, formerly Verscend, has multiple openings for full-time seasonal coders to do HCC Coding
....these coding roles will start in mid August - September and should last until the end of the year...it's expected that successful coders will be asked back from time to time when work volumes peak.
- Chart review for proper diagnosis coding to mapped HCC’s from various chart types (physician, facility and non-facility). Apply client specific coding guidelines when applicable. The Client’s coding approach will dictate whether the best DOS is selected with the highest revenue generating HCC, or all DOS are captured for all diagnoses that are mapped to an HCC – revenue generating or not.
- Uses the Cotiviti software for coding processes for both production and accuracy.
- Reviews quality feedback from QA in Cotiviti software
- Submits questions to the questions queue for clarification
- Utilizes the ‘Dispute Resolution’ process when disagreement occurs related to a coding determination
- Regular interaction with other Cotiviti staff, such as training, Coder II and quality assurance to facilitate clarification and/or training on coding results.
- May have occasional special projects that will entail a full coding review.
- Professionally communicates finds, errors, and any suggestions to Team Lead to facilitate on-going communications and efficient department operations as part of a continuous improvement process.
- Utilize Cotiviti training tools and coding library for questions.
Education & Credentials:
- High School Diploma required
- Additional HIM education preferred (RHIA, RHIT) but not required
- Nationally certified medical coder as certified by either AAPC or AHIMA. - required
- 1-2 years of medical coding experience.
- Experience in HCC record abstraction and coding required.
- Demonstrated high level of quality accuracy and productivity in clinical coding work.
- Adherence to official coding guidelines, coding clinic determinations, CMS, Client specific guidelines and other regulatory compliance guidelines and mandates.
- Excellent written and verbal skills to include interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy and physiology.
- Skills in organization and time management.
- Ability to read and understand medical record documentation for diagnosis extraction.
- Computer and technology literate.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines.
- Must remain flexible to provide assistance in any emergent situations and/or projects.
- Must participate in any required training.
- Must abide by all HIPAA and associated patient confidentiality requirements.
- This is an at home-based position and you must have a work location within the continental US
- This position requires that you provide a high speed internet connection and a work environment that is free from distractions.
- This role is a full-time position with preferred hours at 40 hours per week, there may be an opportunity for 30 hours per week. This position is seasonal and is expected to start some time in August 2019 - the end of the year (not guaranteed)...after this assignment is done you can be recalled as work is available.