|Type:||FULL TIME, OTHER
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:|| Virtual/Remote 00000, AA, US* Note: This listing is for a remote position
HHS-HCC RADV/IVA Project (Remote)
Aviacode has been selected to provide a Risk Validation Audit for HHS-HCC for the 2019 and 2020 benefit year.
Are you interested in joining one of the nation's leading providers of medical coding services that is experiencing impressive year-over-year growth? Aviacode is nationally recognized as one of the top medical coding companies in KLAS and Black Book Market Research surveys. We are currently accepting applications for the upcoming season. Must have a minimum of 5 full years experience post certification. This is an employee (W-2) status position with flexible hours.Responsibilities
- HHS-HCC Commericial Risk Adjustment Data Validation
- Must comply with accepted coding practices as defined in the ICD-10-CM, AHA Coding Clinic®, Client Coding Guidelines, and the 2019/2020 Benefit Year Protocols for the PPACA HHS Operated Risk Adjustment Data Validation audit process.
- Great attention to detail is a must!
Coders will review member and claim data validation aspects, which include: Member name, Member DOB, Gender, Dates of service, claim type, and provider signature.
Coders will be presented with all risk-adjusting diagnoses billed on a claim for a particular date of service or inpatient stay
Must be able to identify CPT codes to match visit to selected encounter.
Must be able to identify acceptable provider specialty.
Coder must have knowledge of ICD-10-CM IP and OP coding.
Coders will confirm or not confirm each diagnosis
Coders will add risk-adjusting diagnoses that are valid but not reported
Coders will be required to select a rationale for the strength of the supporting documentation for each risk-adjusting diagnosis.
- Expected Primary CPH:
- 1-30 pages = 3.9 CPH (56% of the volume)
- 31-99 pages = 3.8 CPH (31% of the volume)
- 100-199 pages = 1.2 CPH (7% of the volume)
- 200+ pages = 1.1 CPH (6% of the volume)
- Current CPC or equivalent through the AAPC or AHIMA required
- 3 years coding experience post certification and must provide proof
- Must be able to commitment a minimum of 20 hours a week (on average)
- Must be able to maintain a 95% accuracy rate
- All candidates must pass Aviacode's risk adjustment/HCC coding exam
- Coders for this role must provide their own computer with the following minimum requirements:
- Windows 10 (professional)
- Dual monitors are required
- US-Based Candidates only and must be able to work in the US without sponsorship.