|Skills:||coding,management best practices,procedures
|Specialties:||ASC Clinic and Anesthesia, Hospital
|Required Certifications:||RHIA,CPC,RHIT,or CCS
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:|| Chicago 60606, IL, US
HOME-BASED CODING MANAGERS (2)
Surgery Partners is an industry leader in managing,
developing and acquiring single & multi-specialty ambulatory surgical
centers and hospitals. Our mission is to improve the quality of life of our
patients, physicians & employees through efficient and compassionate healthcare. We seek dedicated, hard-working employees who
take a lead in maximizing their strengths to support our business objectives.
We are currently seeking 2 experienced individuals to head
up 2 separate divisions and take responsibility for the coordination and
management of the daily operations of their respective Coding Division. The
Coding Manager Hospital Division will be expected to possess extensive hospital
coding management experience, and the Coding Manager ASC, Clinic and Anesthesia
Division MUST?possess specific ASC and physician coding experience.
- Oversees, manages and coordinates the daily operations of
the Coding Services Department.
- Recommends, designs and implements best practices to
improve overall efficiency of the coding unit.
- Assists in the development and revision of coding policies
- Prepares administrative reports as requested.
- Assists in the monitoring of the compliance program for
- Collaborates with other internal Surgery Partners
departments to develop and maintain streamlined workflow processes for the
Coding Services Department.
Assists Director in planning, developing and controlling
budgets, including personnel, capital equipment and operations of the Coding
Assists in the development of short and long range goals
and objectives for the department.
- Participate in company meetings and contributes expertise
to improve the overall success of the organization.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Health Information
Management or related health field preferred
- Certification: RHIT, RHIA, CPC, or CCS is required.
- Three years of coding supervision is required.
- Minimum of 5 years pertinent coding experience
- Extensive knowledge of coding principles and guidelines
for ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT/HCPCS coding.
Extensive knowledge of hospital/technical and professional
services reimbursement systems and EHRs.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and payer specific
regulations and policies pertaining to documentation, coding and billing for
professional and technical services.
Strong managerial, leadership and interpersonal skills.
Excellent written / oral communication and analytical