|Employer:||US ANESTHESIA PARTNERS-CENTRAL TEXAS (AUSTIN)
|Type:||PER DIEM, FULL TIME
|Skills:||Coding (CPC Certified),Billing,ICD-10,CPT,medidcal terminology,MS Word,Excel,10-key by touch
|Specialties:||Anesthesia preferred (not required)
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||,austin 78705, TX, US
We are searching for an in-house coder for our Austin location (NOT A REMOTE POSITION). We are seeking a full-time Charge Capture/Coding/Billing
Specialist that can provide support for the charge capture date team and
the coding team. Multi-role position in which the candidate must be self-motivated,
work independently and have great organizational skills. Provide coverage for
the coding staff, billing support, and help with administrative duties (run
The role is based in Austin, Texas.
- Provides administrative support to departmental
personnel including reviewing anesthesia records and charge sheets for
- Copying or printing operative reports, H&P’s and
intraoperative records as determined by review or as requested by coders
- Receive, sort, facilitate dissemination of anesthesia
record batches for remote coders
- Track and maintain coding batches for internal and
- Analyze and route batches coded by internal and remote
coders upon completion
- Position requires being able to handle remote access to
hospital systems to retrieve documents, all of which are different,
necessitating skill and organization
- Fax records requests to facilities and maintain medical
record request log
- Review provider deficiency log and make corrections as
- Maintain provider deficiency log for Star
- Process rounding tickets and related requests
determined to be required
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures –
especially HIPAA and confidentiality
- Provide coverage for coding staff as needed
- Create new accounts in BOSS and CB and enter
- Verify insurance information using the CB eligibility
- Verify number of cases for each site from Medaxion/tic
- Annotate account numbers to the pain tickets for each
- Daily download of demographics from sites &
- Print facesheets when needed from Compass (Seton site)
- Scan bulk EOB’s on a daily basis – scan all paper
documents in Document Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Enter information into Medaxion
- Think creatively; propose new ideas and find new and
more efficient processes
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Knowledge of CPT, ICD-9, ASA and HCPCS coding.
- Background in Medical Terminology required.
- Background in Anatomy and Physiology preferred, but not
- Knowledge of organization policies, procedures and
- Skill in computer applications including MS Word, MS
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Skill in gathering and reporting information.
- Ability to work effectively with staff.
- Must have a pleasant disposition and be a team player.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Must report to work consistently, on time, and for
- Communicate well with the public
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- 1 year anesthesia/surgical coding experience preferred
- Formal training in Coding with certificate of
completion in good standing. May be a recent graduate of accredited
Coding school or program
- CPC certification is required, or proof of registration
for national coding test within six months of hire date
US Anesthesia Partners, Inc.
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
age, disability or genetics.