|Skills:||Coding,Billing,Auditing & Complaince
|Specialties:||CPT-4, HCPCS, (ICD-10
|Required Certifications:||AHIMA or AAPC
|Preferred Certifications:||AHIMA or AAPC
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
Audits medical record against coding edits post discharge to accurately assign codes to diagnoses and procedures for inpatient accounts. The audit may include recalculating DRG for each record using the 3M Encoder and Grouper. Abstracts all required data elements for billing edits.
1. Education: High School diploma GED equivalent.
2. Experience: Minimum of three years of coding experience
3. Certification/License/Registration: Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) - certification must be from AHIMA or AAPC.
4. Position Titles and Number Supervised: Knowledge of coding guidelines (ICD-10, HCPCS, CPT-4, etc). Experience with encoders is helpful. Ability to
understand medical records, hospital bills, the charge master, and all ancillary department functions for the facility. Ability to utilize and understand computer
technology and to communicate verbally and in written form. Previous charge auditing experience preferred.
5. Special Training/Skills: formal training in diagnosis and procedural coding, experience with encoders, computer keyboard skills
6. Physical Demands: Must be able to use visual acuity to see monitor screen, computer, and hard copy materials. Must be able to hear and verbally
communicate in person and over the phone or radio. Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time (up to 2 hours). Must be able to comprehend and learn
operation of various office equipment. Must have functional range of motion of the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spines, upper and lower extremities with a
grip strength of 50-60# specific to job evaluation. Must be able to forward reach, overhead reach, bend, squat, kneel and apply proper body mechanics during
the transfers and transport supplies and/or equipment using proper body mechanics. Must be able to lift up to 10# specific to job evaluation.
7. Mandatory Training Required: annual department specific training and annual mandatory hospital employee training.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $53,000.00 /year
- Inpatient Coding: 4 years (Preferred)
- CCS - certification from AHIMA or AAPC (Required)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Other types of insurance