|Employer:||Health Information Associates
|Type:||FULL TIME, OTHER
|Required Certifications:||RHIT,RHIA,and CCS
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||16 Otis Drive Pawleys Island 29585, SC, US* Note: This listing is for a remote position
Codes all requested Inpatient
medical records using the most accurate and appropriate ICD-10-CM/PCS, CPT
codes and DRG assignment in accordance with regulatory coding guidelines, best
practices in the industry and HIA policy and procedures. Abstract key data
required from the medical information consistent with UHDDS requirements, other
regulatory and best practices. The coder will meet specified productivity and
- Codes all requested Inpatient acute care records using
the most accurate and appropriate ICD-10-CM/PCS, DRG assignment in
accordance with coding guidelines.
- Abstracts, codes and assigns necessary demographic and
clinical data elements required
- Uses 3M and/or TruCode encoder to ensure appropriate
reimbursement and accurate DRG & MSDRG assignment.
- Writes appropriate, non-leading queries.
- Maintains quality and productivity according to client
- Completes all coding education as required within
- Commits to continually improving his/her coding skills
by actively participating in all education sessions.
- Reports to the Director of Coding Services.
- RHIA, RHIT, and CCS
- Minimum 3 years inpatient coding experience in an acute
- I-10-CM/PCS proficient
- Computer proficiency, able to research coding questions
and utilize HIA’s internal educational resources.
- High Speed Internet via Cable (no Satellite or wireless
- Independent, focused individual able to work remotely.