MCRA, LLC, a leading advisory firm focused on medical therapies is currently seeking a Jr. Associate, Patient Access Program to provide administrative and operational support to MCRA’s Patient Access Program (PAP) and key stakeholders including patients, payers, hospitals, study coordinators, health care providers, medical device manufacturers, patient advocacy groups, and others to effect coverage and market access to new and novel therapies.
This is a front-line position in a fast-paced, results driven environment. Through MCRA supported training and continuing education, reimbursement personnel are required to become experts in the disease states of spine, orthopedics, biologics, cardiovascular and other areas affected by specific clinical/surgical interventions, treatment alternatives and the technologies themselves.
This position is based in our Manchester, CT office.
- Provide positive, proactive administrative and operational support to MCRA’s Patient Access Program (PAP) team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Assists in answering and triaging hotline calls to the appropriate Patient Access Program team members.
- Obtains comprehensive information for all new physicians/facilities seeking services from patient access program.
- Conducts orientation of patient access program services including HIPAA privacy regulation.
- Verifies client insurance eligibility for all new requests.
- Provides timely feedback to involve physician and facilities or other service providers about program needs, while ensuring confidentiality of information.
- Calls referral sources if applicable prior to verifying insurance eligibility and authorizations.
- Communicates closely with the Patient Access Program team regarding changes of insurance eligibility and authorization for services.
- Enters data accurately in the electronic medical records to create a register.
- Performs a weekly review of medical policies pertaining to current client’s technologies.
- Performs analysis of medical policy updates and changes as needed.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers; resolves any customer requests in a timely and accurate manner; escalates complaints accordingly.
- Develops PowerPoint and Excel reports for various projects and assignments as requested.
- Adheres to all HIPAA compliance policies.
- Degree preferred
- Coding certification (such as CPC or CPC-A) required
- Experience in health care in an administrative capacity highly desirable, preferably in a physician practice or facility
- Ability to work outside of traditional business hours needed (A few days a week will be 10:30am - 7:00pm Eastern Time)
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, including PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Detail and process-oriented, with analytical and documentation proficiencies
- Ability to triage and make sound clinical decisions and judgments
- Demonstrates effective time management skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and assignments at once.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills with strong customer service skills
- Self-directed individual who demonstrates initiative and can manage assignments with little oversight
MCRA, LLC was founded in 2004 and assists clients throughout the entire medical device technology life cycle, from research and development, through commercialization. Our team provides services to a wide range of organizations in the healthcare industry, including start-ups to the world's leading healthcare organizations, as well as all types of financial investors, global manufacturers, and individuals.
MCRA's ability to utilize our industry know-how for purposes of creating value and mitigating risk helps our clients achieve their product development and commercialization goals. Our suite of integrated advisory services helps augment our customers' capabilities and processes, as well as ensure their ability to overcome regulatory and reimbursement hurdles. MCRA continues to be a recognized leader within the medical device and biologics space and has continued to grow in reputation and experience. Our organization is at an exciting juncture and continues to expand service offerings and therapeutic areas of specialization.
Our team thrives in a fast-paced work environment that elicits creativity and advanced problem-solving ability. Our three offices in Washington, DC, New York and Connecticut offer a collaborative, collegial atmosphere conducive to each person's development and success. Our team members are the heart of the organization's growth and are comprised of various backgrounds of knowledgeable and passionate people.