|Employer:||Texas Health Resources
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:|| Arlington 76011, TX, US
Texas Health Physicians Group seeks to hire a Lead Coder to work Full Time in the Coding and Reimbursement Department.
The address is 9250 Amberton Parkway, Dallas, TX 75243.
Salary range is Minimum $28.13/hr. to Maximum $40.99/hr. – based on relevant experience
- Full Time; 40 Hours
- Monday – Friday; 8:00 am – 5:00 pm; some flexibility based on business needs
Supports leadership in daily coding activities including productivity monitoring, coding/edit charge review, failed claims/follow-up resolutions, training, education, and research. Ensures all professional aspects of the assignment of diagnostic and procedure coding is carried out in compliance with applicable Medicare, Medicaid, and third party payer guidelines to ensure receipt of accurate reimbursement. Adheres to internal coding policies and expectations set forth my management and acts as a trainer, resource, and mentor for less experienced staff.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required and
- Bachelor's Degree in related field preferred
- 5 years coding experience and completion of college level courses in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, or similar required.
- Advance knowledge and experience in APP billing PATH Guidelines, E&M – Inpatient, Outpatient, Obs and Clinic highly preferred
- CEMC – Certified Evaluation and Management Coder highly preferred
Licenses and Certifications:
- CPC – Certified Professional Coder upon hire required or
- CCS–P – Certified Coding Specialist – Physician based upon hire required and
- Other – Specialty certification such as CGSC, COSC, CCC, CPB, CPPM, CHONC, CFPC, CPMA, etc. upon hire required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive understanding of health insurance and medical costs.
- Knowledge of third party billing regulations, professional operations, and third party payer requirements.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be detail orientated and have strong organizational skills.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and high level of professionalism.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Organization for Physicians (THOP) is Texas Health Resources' 501(a) not-for-profit health corporation offering employment opportunities for administration staff that service providers of Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG). THOP provides services for member physicians that help them get back to what they do best -- practice medicine. From an affordable electronic medical record to comprehensive practice support services and group purchasing power, physicians and their patients benefit from being a part of THPG.
Texas Health Highlights:
- 2020 FORTUNE Magazine's “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (6th year in a row)
- 2018 Becker's Healthcare '150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare' (4th year in a row)
- Employees' Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 & 2019)
You belong here. Please apply online.