Monterey County Health Department
Salinas, CA 93906
Management Analyst III
Salary: $6,302.00 - $8,607.00 Monthly
Final Filing Date: 4/1/2019 11:59 PM
Job Number: 19/14C31/02KK
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Monterey County Health Department's Behavioral Health Bureau, seeks applicants for a Management Analyst III position, which functions as a Billing Manager. The Management Analyst III will be responsible for the billing of Medi-Cal, Medicare, private insurance and consumers for the Behavioral Health Bureau. This position coordinates the daily activities of the Accounts Receivable/Billing Unit, comprised of seven staff, which is responsible for billing approximately $70 million annually in services and for assisting clients in applying for Medi-Cal and Covered California benefits. The Management Analyst III supervises a Supervising Patient Account Representative, and a Departmental Information Systems Specialist; monitors insurance billings; approves Medi-Cal and Medicare electronic claims; and troubleshoots errors related to the billing process. In addition, the Management Analyst III will act as a conduit between billing operations and IT to troubleshoot issues or develop new reports or analyses.
The Eligible List established by this recruitment may be used to fill current and future vacancies on a regular full-time, part-time, or temporary basis County-wide.
Examples of Duties
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Will have a proven track record demonstrating the following:
• Principles and practices of management and supervision.
• Principles of mathematical and statistical analysis, preparation and presentation.
• Research techniques.
• Principles and practices of public and/or business administration.
• Report writing.
• Internal and external operations, functions and resources related to the assignment.
• Manage analytical and administrative support services.
• Supervise management, professional, support and technical staff.
• Analyze and interpret a wide variety of complex data and information.
• Conduct comprehensive and in-depth research.
• Identify issues, options and projected outcomes and make recommendations.
• Prepare and present written and oral reports.
• Interpret and apply codes, regulations, laws policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Coordinate a wide variety of activities.
• Work independently and in a timely fashion.
• Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Provide direction to others on projects and activities.
• Work cooperatively and tactfully with others.
Characteristics of Ideal Candidate:
• Exceptional Analytical skills
• Personable and collegial; open
• Solid team leadership ability
• Patient account management expertise
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
Conditions of Employment:
As a condition of employment, the incumbent will be required to:
• Possess and maintain a valid California Driver's license or the ability to provide alternative transportation that is approved by the appointing authority.
• Be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays and during times of disaster or emergency.
• The Health Department will conduct thorough background and reference checks which include a Department of Justice fingerprint check.
For a complete job description please visit:
https://www.co.monterey.ca.us/pages/hr/class-specs/14C31.pdf (Download PDF reader)
Examples of Experience/Education/Training
Any combination of training, education and/or experience which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities and required conditions of employment listed above is qualifying. Typical ways to acquire the required knowledges and skills are listed below.
Education: Bachelor's degree in business administration, public administration, social services, political science, education, or a related field.
Experience: Two years of experience performing administrative analytical duties which have provided some knowledge of the designated program or function.
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES
TO APPLY: Submit the following to the Monterey County Health Department, Human Resources Division, 1270 Natividad Road, Salinas, CA 93906 by the Final Filing Date: Monday, April 1, 2019:
• Monterey County Employment Application form
• Responses to the Supplemental Questions
• Or apply on-line at www.co.monterey.ca.us/personnel
Or Apply Online at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/montereycounty/jobs/2364552/management-analyst-iii?page=2&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
All application materials must be received by the priority screening date for a guaranteed review. Applications received after this date will be considered on a needed basis until the position is filled. Please be aware if the application form, responses to supplemental questions, and resume is not submitted by the priority screening date, the application will be removed from further consideration and not be considered further. The selection process is tentative, and applicants will be notified if changes are made.
Resumes may be submitted in addition to, but will not be accepted in lieu of, required application materials.
Application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the process. To further assess applicant's possession of required qualifications, this examination may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exercise, performance exam, and/or written examination.
For more information or to receive application materials, contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at 831-755-4502.
• If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodations, please call the Health Department Human Resources Office at 831-755-4502.
• Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the United States.
• If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed below.
The County offers an excellent benefits package (X Bargaining Unit)
The County of Monterey offers a premium benefit package. A summary of benefits for this position can be viewed on the County website. This information is intended to provide you with a general summary of benefits available and is not legally binding. The benefits listed in the Monterey County Personnel Policies & Practices Resolution prevails over this listing.