|Employer:||University of Miami
|Type:||FULL TIME, OTHER
|Skills:||Knowledge,Skills and Attitudes: Knowledge of business and management principles Ability to direct,manage,implement,and evaluate department operations. Ability to establish department goals and objectives that support the strategic plan. Ability to effectively plan,delegate and/or supervise the work of others. Ability to lead,motivate,develop and train others.
|Required Certifications:||CPC: H,CIRC,RHIA,CCS,CPC,RCC or RHIT,CCA
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:|| Miami 33136, FL, US
The department of Health Information Management at the University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Manager, Clinic/Practice Plan Coding.
The Manager, Clinic/Practice Plan Coding manages the coding and classification activities of the outpatient coding section. The incumbent oversees coding professionals responsible for accurately assigning codes to Surgical, Non-Surgical and Ancillary Services. The Manager, Clinic/Practice Plan Coding ensures the efficiency, accuracy, completeness, and compliance of medical coding.
- Educates internal and external staff on the coding function.
- Selects, orients, and trains outpatient coding staff. Evaluates staff performance.
- Collaborates with physicians and other caregivers to ensure complete and detailed information is received for accurate coding.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and maintains the coding compliance program.
- Participates in regular audits and coordinates ongoing monitoring of coding accuracy and documentation adequacy.
- Assists in identifying and correcting claims that have failed coding edits. Reviews claim denials and rejections pertaining to coding and medical necessity issues.
- Analyzes and interprets coding data to identify problems or trends.
- Maintains knowledge of coding and billing requirements and regulatory changes and acts as a resource to the coding and health information management staff.
- Establishes and continuously assesses the effectiveness of the internal controls within the unit and compliance with University policies and procedures. Ensures employees are trained on controls within the function and on University policy and procedures.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
Certification and Licensing:
CCA, CPC, CPC: H, CCS, CIRC, RCC or RHIT,RHIA
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
- Ability to establish department goals and objectives that support the strategic plan.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop and train others.