|Employer:||Cook Children's Health Care System
|Type:||FULL TIME, OTHER
|Skills:||billing,coding,EHR,charge posting,charge audit
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:|| Fort Worth 76104, TX, US
The Manager of Coding and Billing Operations is responsible for the daily management and oversight of professional fee billing and coding for providers employed by Cook Children’s Physicians Network. Key duties to include management of billing, charge posting, charge audit, coding and abstracting functions. The Manager of Coding and Billing Operations works collaboratively with the revenue cycle management team and clinic administrators to ensure unbilled A/R remains at or below goal, optimize charge capture, facilitate clean claims, minimize denials, monitor performance, and ensure high quality work in the most compliant and cost effective manner. This position seeks to leverage system functionality to ensure the most efficient and effective workflow.
- High School diploma required. College degree preferred.
- Certified Coder through AAPC or AHIMA.
- At least five years’ work experience in a supervisory or management capacity with a minimum of three years’ experience supervising or managing billing and coding personnel.
- Extensive knowledge of procedural and diagnostic coding of physician services and current applicable computer technology a must.
- Understanding of diversified insurance plans and their associated reimbursement and billing requirements.
- Must demonstrate advanced competency of professional coding and coding guidelines.
- Experience with the Electronic Health Record (EHR) and healthcare applications, required.
- Epic experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Maturity to withstand pressure that may arise in relation to the public, physician or administration.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Must be at an intermediate level in excel given reporting and analytical needs.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification:
- AAPC, AHIMA (CCS-P) coding certification.
- Additional specialty coding certifications preferred.