HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
& CHIEF PRIVACY OFFICER
Take Your HIM & Coding Experience
To The Next Level
There is only one hospital in Chicago solely dedicated to caring for children with chronic illness and disabilities… as well as those suffering from abuse/trauma. That hospital is La Rabida. Serving as a model for family centered care, our progressive facility is a very special place where triumphs occur… odds are overcome… and many children excel beyond hope.
We seek this experienced HIM supervisor with inpatient and outpatient coding background to effectively oversee the collation, retrieval, confidentiality and quality assurance of clinical documentation. Demonstrating impressive organization, facilitation, communication and presentation skills, this RHIA-certified professional will identify, collect and communicate clinical data/statistics within the facility and to the outside world.
Overseeing all ongoing policies and procedures related to the privacy and access of patient health information in compliance with federal, state and hospital privacy practices, the Manager, Health Information Management & Chief Privacy Officer must possess:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Health Information Management from an AHIMA-approved program
• In-depth knowledge of information privacy laws, access and release of information, gained from minimum 3 years experience in a Health Information Management Department
• Certification as Registered Health Information Administrator essential
• Minimum 2-3 years of inpatient and outpatient coding experience required
• CCS, CCS-P or CPC certification preferred
• Experience with JCAHO, Medicare, IDPA, state/local laws and guidelines required
In return for your commitment and expertise, La Rabida offers attractive compensation and many excellent benefits! Plus, you’ll appreciate the beauty of our convenient location on the shores of Lake Michigan, just minutes from downtown! For immediate consideration, please apply online at:
LA RABIDA CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL