|Employer:||Lexington Medical Center
|Type:||PER DIEM, FULL TIME
|Skills:||Risk management,internal control,processes,operations
|Required Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||,West Columbia 29169, SC, US
Rated as one of the Top 25 Best Hospitals to work for in the U.S., Lexington Medical Center is a 438-bed state-of-the-art facility that anchors a countywide health care network, including five community medical centers and more than 70 physician practices, and employs more than 6,500 health care professionals.
Lexington Medical Center has a reputation for providing patients with the highest quality care and consistently ranks in the top 10 percent in the nation in patient satisfaction. For this commitment to exemplary patient care, Lexington Medical Center has received the prestigious Press Ganey Summit Award and the National Research Corporation's Consumer Choice Award. The hospital is also a leader in providing the most advanced medical technology and treatment options available in medicine today.
Conveniently located in the heart of the Midlands of South Carolina, Lexington Medical Center's main campus is less than 5 miles from the state's capital of Columbia.
As a member of Internal Audit Services, the incumbent assists with an independent, objective, assurance and advisory activity designed to add value to governance and improve operations. She/he will assist by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, internal control, and governance processes, particularly within the areas of finance, information technology and operations.
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in accounting, information systems technology, or applicable course of study. Graduate degree preferred.
• Minimum of five (5) years of similar experience in one or more of the following areas: Internal Audit, Healthcare Operations, Public Accounting. Healthcare experience highly desirable.
• Professional certification(s) including Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant, Certified Information Systems Auditor, or a combination of theses certifications, highly desirable. Successful applicants who are not yet Certified Internal Auditors will be expected to obtain certification within twenty-four (24) months of their start date.
• Demonstrated ability in the areas of project management
• Solid communication, organizational, planning, problem solving skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to present to senior leadership and the board.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated commitment to client service.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, automated work paper applications, and data analysis tools (e.g. ACL, ActiveData, MS Access)
LMC is committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for its employees and their families. LMC offers day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits, as well as health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs). Eligible employees may also enroll in LMC's retirement plans on their date of hire, including the South Carolina State Retirement System (SCRS), and supplemental 401(k) and 457(b) retirement plans. LMC provides its full-time employees short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment. In addition to these great offerings, LMC offers 529 College Savings, educational assistance, employee assistance programs and more.
Our mission is the same as it was when we opened our doors in 1971: to provide quality health services that meet the needs of our community. We believe that commitment