Are you fascinated by the intricacies of medical coding? Do you enjoy training and developing the next generation of medical coders? Are you looking for the opportunity to work directly with physicians and other clinicians?
Then we’re looking for you. speroMD is searching for a Manager of Coding and Compliance. You will report to the Director of Revenue
Cycle and will be responsible for the development and oversight of our team of certified medical coders, who code for a number of specialties.
Strong leadership skills in this position are essential, as 100% charge review is integral to our revenue cycle services. Because every claim we release is reviewed by a coder, the Manager of Coding and Compliance plays a key role in our clients’ and our company’s success by ensuring coding quality, compliance, and productivity standards are achieved and maintained.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to help keep our current team of coders up-to-date on the constantly changing world of coding, while also recruiting for new team members as our company rapidly expands.
You can also work directly with our physician clients to give them one-on-one or group training on coding updates, or to increase their coding knowledge, as needed.
We’re a rapidly growing organization, and we need your skills. We look forward to hearing from you!
About Us speroMD is a physician-owned revenue cycle management company. We specialize in maximizing the collection of revenue physicians have earned for the services they have provided through comprehensive charge review, and tenacious pursuit of the full payment due. As a physician owned-company, we understand the autonomy of a medical practice depends on maximizing revenue. We are recognized for generating returns that exceed industry standards, by collecting what physicians have earned in the shortest time possible.
Essential Job Functions:
· Manages the general operation of the coding department including setting priorities and determining work assignments.
· Ensures all coding abides by all governmental, payor, and industry standards, and reports to the appropriate sources when areas of concern are identified.
· Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk.
· Performs coding quality reviews on client records to validate correct application of ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS codes.
·Communicates coding policies and procedures to staff on billing issues to promote efficient flow of billing process.
· Hires and trains coding staff as needed.
· Provides or arranges for training of employees and client staff in use of coding guidelines and practices, and proper documentation techniques.
· First point of escalation for problems in the coding department originating internally or externally.
· Responsible for ensuring regular review of changes in payor guidelines, and timely update of staff and physicians with regard to determined changes in payor guidelines.
· Keeps abreast of new technology in coding software and other forms of automation and stays informed about transaction code sets, HIPAA requirements and brings recommendations for improvements to the director.
· Serves as a resource to others in the organization as well as clients to obtain information or clarification on accurate and ethical coding and documentation standards, guidelines and regulatory requirements.
· Responsible for development of competencies for measuring staff performance and implements action plans based on findings of education/reviews.
· Cultivates and maintains partnerships and collaborations with internal and external business partners.
· Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Bachelor’s degree optional.
· AAPC (CPC) or AHIMA (CCS) certification with a minimum of four years’ experience with CPT/ICD-10 coding of physician services required
· Minimum of three years’ coding management experience
· Knowledge of Epic and/or other EHR systems required
· Strong knowledge and level of comfort with computer systems strongly preferred
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and high level of organizational skills required
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
Good interpersonal skills and excel at working in a team environment
Trust. We are committed to integrity without compromise
Partnership. We work as a team toward our shared purpose
Excellence. We strive to exceed expectations in everything we do
Compassion. We are dedicated to serving others and fostering healthy relationships.
Respect. We treat all with dignity and embrace diversity