|Preferred Certifications:||RHIA or RHIT,CPC,CCS
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:|| Wausau 54401, WI, US
**This is not a telecommuting opportunity**
We are seeking a Coding Manager in Wausau, Wisconsin who will be responsible for managing the coding activities to ensure compliant coding for patient services is provided. This position will oversee the day-to-day operations of the hospital coding staff including the coding work flow for processes, quality, consistency and accuracy of the coding, productivity standards and assessing educational needs. This position collaborates with the medical staff and clinical and/or revenue cycle departments to accurately evaluate the clinical coding of each patient record.
• Knowledge of general health care business concepts normally acquired through completion of Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance or other health related field.
• Expert knowledge of ICD-9, ICD-10, CPT, DRG and HCPCS coding.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Five years of experience in technical or professional coding applicable to the coding management role.
• Knowledge of revenue cycle practices normally acquired through previous experience including understanding of multiple reimbursement systems.
• Experience with electronic coding system, knowledge of EPIC preferred.
• Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), RHIA or RHIT certification preferred.
• Knowledge of copays, deductibles, preauthorization, etc.