|Employer:||Coding Advantage, LLC
|Skills:||E&M,Behavioral Health,PT and Surgical Auditing
|Specialties:||Behavioral Health, Internal Med, Ophthalmology, and GYN with other
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||PO BOX 691 Remote 44024, OH, US
Medical Auditor for PRN Audits-Independent Contractor
This is a great opportunity for someone who is detail oriented and experienced in giving feedback to providers based on review of records. Although there is little to no direct provider interaction, the auditor should have excellent written communication skills to deliver clear audit results. The ideal candidate will take pride in providing the best quality of work and will be available to take on auditing projects as assigned in a timely manner. This is a remote opportunity that compensates the auditor per encounter through an independent contractor agreement. There are no set hours, just project work as business dictates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Audits medical record documentation to identify deficiencies in documentation in direct relationship to codes billed to carriers. Prepares reports of findings and communicates clearly the appropriate action plans to correct identified deficiencies.
- Must have good internet connection to utilize AAPC auditing software for EM audits and to access client data.
- Upon request, researches, analyzes, and responds to our client’s inquiries regarding compliance, coding, denials, and billable services.
- Ensures strict confidentiality of all client and/or proprietary company information. A non-disclosure must be signed.
- Attends coding conferences, workshops to receive updated coding information and changes in coding and/or auditing regulations.
- Performs miscellaneous auditing and coding client-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) and at least 3 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA) and/or Certified Professional Compliance Officer (CPCO) designation preferred.
- HCC knowledge a plus!!
- Knowledge of auditing concepts and principles.
- Advanced knowledge of medical coding and billing systems and regulatory requirements.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of legal, regulatory, and policy compliance issues related to medical coding and auditing.
- Knowledge of current and developing issues and trends in medical coding.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of medical coding systems, procedures, and documentation requirements.
- Must be a self-starter, able to work independently “behind the scenes” and provide best practice approach to serving clients.