|Employer:||Project Health Inc.
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||1425 s us hwy 301 Sumteville 33585, FL, US
We are currently seeking a full-time Medical Biller/Coder in Sumterville, Florida. We are a non-profit Federally Qualified Health Center located in Central Florida. Great Benefits offered to include health insurance(medical, dental, vision), FREE medical co-pays, paid time off, eight paid holidays, 401K matching, life insurance, loan forgiveness and much more.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages the timely, accurate and compliant third party billing process consistent with practice management system billing, EDI, payment entry, charge and transaction management and end of day procedures
- Ensures that there is a timely review of encounter coding for accuracy and compliance prior to the issuance of a third party claim
- Manages the timely third party EOB posting and proper disposition of remaining balances, daily
- Work assigned A/R buckets daily utilizing critical thinking and sound judgment to resolve billing issues
- Keep Billing Manager informed weekly of accounts worked and progress made
- Issue and be able to explain patient statements as requested
- Identifies write-offs, refunds and adjustments to Billing Manager
- Assists patients and staff with billing and insurance questions
- Check validity of transactions on accounts and resolves any discrepancies
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Billing Manager
- Experience working in a medical billing environment, preferably in a FQHC Community Health Center
- Experience with e-clinical preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical third party claims billing procedures, both manual and electronic in a FQHC environment
- Strong customer service orientation and prior customer service experience
- Knowledge of current CPT and ICD-10 coding, modifiers and HCPCS codes REQUIRED
- Understands revenue cycle of a medical practice
We are an equal opportunity employer and drug free workplace.