|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:|| Westlake Village 91359, CA, US
Apero is hiring motivated medical billing A/R specialists to help execute on our mission to create a seamless revenue cycle experience for modern medical practices. Our founders and leaders include UCLA and Oxford MBA's, AAPC-certified coders and billers, and the former CTO of Doctor On Demand. We are backed by top angels including entrepreneurs at Facebook, Dropbox, and Stanford Hospital. This role has the potential to grow with you and will only be limited by how much responsibility you are willing to take on.
Our primary specialties include OB-GYN, surgery, pediatrics and dermatology.
We are looking for friendly, detail-oriented medical billing and coding specialists to assist with client on-boarding, provide ongoing customer support, and code, bill, and audit medical claims.
The successful applicant will become part of a small, tight-knit team excited to improve the billing experience for providers and patients across California.
We are seeking independent self-starters who will fundamentally shape our operations team for the lifetime of the company. Looking for help to:
- Bill claims to the correct payer(s) and adjust modifiers and diagnosis / procedure codes as needed
- Audit previously coded claims for accuracy
- Provide enthusiastic customer support
- Working with aging buckets and following up on A/R
- Assist with enrollments for newly on-boarded practices
- Work closely with the engineering and product team to prioritize product improvements and new features
- Experience with medical billing and coding
- Professional, friendly personality
- Detail-oriented and friendly with clients
- Can come to the Westlake Village office several days per week for training and onboarding (can discuss more flexible arrangement after onboarding)
- Ability to work closely with engineers to constantly improve workflows and suggest product improvements
Great to Have
- Coding certification from AAPC or AHIMA (e.g. CPC, CCA, CCS-P)
- Experience coding and billing across a wide variety of payers
- Experience managing enrollments for ERAs / EFT setup
- Experience following up on A/R
- Knowledge of differences between commercial payers vs Medicare / Medicaid
- Experience with submitting worker's compensation claims
- Experience assisting with provider contracting or credentialing questions
- Competitive compensation
- Medical / Dental / Vision benefits
- Paid time off
- Continuing education reimbursement