|Skills:||coding,billing and revenue cycle management
|Specialties:||Cardiology, Primary Care, Urology, ENT, Psych, Multi-Speciality
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||8 to 10 years
Ours is a company that is growing aggressively and we are looking for experienced medical billing and coding specialists to help serve our providers. This is a work from home opportunity with bonuses based upon productivity.
- Understanding of primary code classifications: ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS. Assign and sequence all CPT and ICD-10 codes for services rendered when required.
- Reviewing patient bills for accuracy and completeness, and obtaining any missing information.
- Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing. Proficiency with Collaborate MD and/or Cerner a plus.
- Following up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle time frame.
- Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount.
- Calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments when necessary.
- Identifying and billing secondary or tertiary insurances.
- Researching and appealing denied claims.
- Answering all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Setting up patient payment plans and work collection accounts.
- Updating billing software with rate changes.
- Updating spreadsheets, and running collection reports.
- Making sure to use, protect and disclose patients’ protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Providing exceptional customer service skills when interacting with patients, family members regarding medical claims and payments.
- Using problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections.
Certified Professional Coder (CPC) from AAPC or AHIMA a plus
Post High School Education
Minimum five years of coding experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology likely to be encountered in medical claims.
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines including HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, and other payer requirements and systems.
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality at all time
- Must be able to use job-related software, ie Collaborate MD and/or Cerner
- Expertise in surgical coding, primary care, urology, cardiology, general surgery a plus
- Maintain a positive, courteous and professional attitude