|Employer:||VISTA COMMUNITY CLINIC
|Required Certifications:||Coding Certification
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||,Vista 92081, CA, US
Vista Community Clinic is a private, non-profit, multi-specialty outpatient clinic providing care in a comprehensive, high quality setting. Located in San Diego, Orange and Riverside counties, we work to advance community health and hope by providing access to premier health services. We are looking for dedicated, motivated, enthusiastic team players who want to make a difference in the community. Competitive compensation and benefits program includes health, dental, vision, company-paid life, flexible spending accounts and a 403(B) plan, for eligible employees. VCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Responsible for daily coding and auditing, and providing guidance for other staff in coding process.
- Responsible for ensuring diagnosis and procedures are coded accurately and in a timely manner
- Responsible for rebilling misrouted claims, processing correspondence from health plans, processing denials and appeals.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Coding certification
- Minimum 3 years' medical billing experience
- Minimum 2 years coding experience
- Experience with NextGen
- Coding compliance program implementation experience
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medi-Cal and Commercial payers
- Familiar with medical terminology
- Proficient with MS Office and data entry skills
- Ability to perform a high volume of detail work with speed and accuracy
- Ability to communicate initiatives, results and analyses, to multiple levels of management