AAPC CPC Test Prep Instructor
Who we are:
We are a post-secondary vocational training
school primarily focused on helping unemployed adult learners get back
on their feet. Our curriculum includes the following: basic IT training,
Microsoft Office Administration, Medical Billing, Medical Coding and
Medical Office Administration (non-clinical).
What we are looking for:
Our institution is looking for an
experienced instructor who is CPC certified with a desire to become or already is a CPC-I level
instructor. Instructor must be willing, motivated and excited to run a
series of CPC preparation workshops. The purpose of the workshop is to
take recently trained medical coding students and prepare them for the CPC certification
exam. We are looking for someone capable to run a series of (4) 11 week workshops 4
times a year. Each workshop is 6 hours long. You will be
responsible for teaching basic testing skills and CPC specific testing
skills to students. Help students meet necessary goals and help prepare them
to pass the CPC exam.
Job Description: Part-time Saturdays 6 hours per week.
To provide through a series of (6) one
day a week workshops, additional training and practice test experience
to improve upon students ability to sit for and pass the AAPC CPC exam.
The workshops will provide intensive hands-on CPC test preparation
practice. The instructor will be responsible for showing students test
taking strategies, how to setup and annotate ICD-10, HCPCS and CPT
- Instruct students on material needed in order to earn their CPC certification.
- Help students prepare and study for CPC exam.
- Assess students' readiness to take exam.
- Create lesson plans that are intended to improve the ability of students to pass the CPC exam
- Administer Practice Tests
- Grade practice tests/evaluate results with students.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics/changes to the CPC exam.
- Utilize various curriculum resources.
- Integrate competencies, goals, and objectives into lesson plans.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Most importantly, to have a positive influence on our students to
motivate confidence and assist them in where possible to reach his or
her career goals.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- CPC Certified
- Teaching or tutoring experience preferred.
- Background in Mentoring a very strong plus if formal Instructor experience is minimal.
- Be open to coaching and advice.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Word .
- Experience in a team-oriented environment.
- Reliable, professional, and prompt.
What we Offer:
- Competitive hourly rate.
- Ground floor opportunity
- Pleasant, helpful, and supportive staff.
- Personal and Professional growth potential
- Excellent operational, technical, and managerial support from other instructors and school officials.