|Skills:||Identify denial reason(s). Reprocess claims accurately and timely. Time management and ability to prioritize and multitask a MUST.
|Specialties:||Multispecialty & Behavioral Health
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||Sarasota, FL* Note: This listing is for a remote position
The Collection Specialist position is a key role in maximizing revenue utilizing the industry standard best practices.
- Collaborates with the Billing and Coding Specialist to coordinate the analysis, research and resolution of assigned denials.
- Determines and executes the best approach for denial resolution and assists with root cause analysis of denials.
Main Position Requirements:
- Reviews denials and accurately reprocesses claims for assigned clients.
- Assists with the identifying trends of denied claims and communicates with the Supervisor, as appropriate, to reduce reimbursement delays and minimize denials.
- Perform credentialing and re-credentialing activities for providers including physicians, mid-level practitioners; involves detailed review of documents and data.
- Communicate with clients directly, when appropriate, to answer questions and provide feedback.
- Attend meetings remotely; internal team meetings as well as client meetings.
- Documents all account activity in system.
- Performs all responsibilities, in accordance with MDinTouch's Policies and Procedures.
- Ensures compliance with HIPAA Privacy and Security Policies and Procedures.
Additional Responsibilities & Skills:
- Demonstrates effective, professional verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and work collaboratively with multiple internal and external departments.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively investigate, analyze and problem solve.
Comprehensive knowledge and demonstrated competency in the following areas:
CPT /ICD-10 Codes and Medical Billing Terminology
Medicare, Medicaid, & Commercial Reimbursement Requirements