Are you an experienced Medical Billing and Collections Specialist who's looking for meaningful work and want to have a positive impact in the world?
Are you tired of just being a number in the corporate machine and want to join a tight knit, hard-working and fun loving team?
Does solving problems and creating process efficiencies make you jump out of bed with joy in the morning?
If so, we want to talk with you!
Northwest Return To Work (NWRTW) is the leading provider of comprehensive and objective work-related rehabilitation and evaluation services in Washington State. We are growing the gap between us and our competitors, going from good to great, and are looking for the right person to join our talented team.
What you’ll do:
- Enter billing data accurately
- Submit clean claims to insurance companies for prompt payment
- Accounts receivable follow up; includes written and verbal correspondence with insurers
- Research, audit, and investigate proper payment of insurance claims
- Insurance payment posting
- Make adjustments to patient accounts; rebill accounts
- Updating of patient insurance information, including memo entry for billing documentation
- Initiate outgoing calls to insurance companies to discuss accounts
- Work collaboratively with internal team members
- Escalate issues appropriately
- You take pride in your high-quality work and are consistently working towards being even better. Being average is boring to you.
- You have the ability to focus like a champ amid a busy (we are the industry leader!) and sometimes loud environment.
- Speed and agility are your strong suit. You pick up things quickly, ask thoughtful questions to ensure you understand fully and are able to adapt easily.
- You thrive on being part of a high performing team, are willing to think differently in order to grow and possess a 'can-do' attitude.
- Love being able to clean up and make things shine whether it be processes or the kitchen.
- You know how to proactively communicate effectively in a variety of situations, keep your team informed, have excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
- You are organized! Color coding, lists, excel sheets sound like fun to you.
- Team player extraordinaire! You are the puzzle piece we’ve been missing. You are able to work well with a diverse team and build solid relationships that lead to more satisfaction at work.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2-5 years of medical billing, collections, appeals and follow-up experience required
- Experience with medical account collections and timely insurance appeals/follow up
- Thorough explanation of benefits (EOB) knowledge and general insurance contracts knowledge
- Expertise in problem solving and analytical thinking
- Knowledge of medical terminology and CPT and ICD coding
- Ability to exhibit cooperation, flexibility, and provide friendly assistance when interfacing with patients, physicians and staff
- Skill in organizing and reporting information that is accurate and complete
- Ability to communicate courteously and accurately in person and on the phone
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Proficient in Raintree EMR
***NOTE: This is not a remote position.***
NWRTW is 12 years old and are positioning ourselves for big growth We are a talented group of 40 intelligent and passionate therapeutic, clinical and administrative professionals who thoroughly enjoy what we do. We are committed to excellent outcomes and growth in order to help our clients achieve their best functional capacity and they transition from injury and return to work.
We move fast so we can serve as many clients as possible to alleviate their pain and help them reclaim their life.
We don’t believe in letting barriers stop us. Instead, we get creative and innovative in order to find appropriate solutions to best serve our clients and our team.
Our leadership team is dedicated and committed to their personal growth, being good stewards of the business starting with the people who work here. Staff fulfillment and balance of workload is at the top of the priorities along with company profitability.
We are looking to grow our team of talented, growth mindset professionals that will help us achieve our goals to serve more clients.
We offer competitive wages and benefits.
Northwest Return to Work is an equal opportunity employer and encourage diverse candidates to apply. Background checks will be conducted as part of the job offer process.