|Employer:||MeBe San Diego
|Skills:||Patient billing/AR,collections and refunds
|Specialties:||ABA - Applied Behavioral Analysis, Speech, and OT
|Required Certifications:||any CPC,CPB and or CPPM
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||8885 Rio San Diego Drive, Suite #340 San Diego 92108, CA, US
The Medical Billing Coordinator is a business essential hire that will lead the charge for patient billing, patient responsibility collections and refund reimbursement at MeBe. Working closely with the billing team and cross functional teams to ensure that families are properly billed and patient responsibility balances are collected in a timely manner. This role will own all day to day patient collections and process both insurance and patient refunds which will include working alongside Collectly platform and staff.
This role reports to Medical Billing Manager and is a great opportunity for a detail oriented Medical Billing Coordinator professional interested in progressing their career with MeBe.
This position must be able to handle multiple calls and emails and do so with a great attitude. Strong computer skills and previous experience answering and handling patient phone calls. Ability to multitask at a high functioning level.
- Overall Responsibility of Patient billing/AR and Refund requests (insurance and patient)
- Patient billing: Ensure balances are billed appropriately in Central Reach and then transferred over to Collectly platform where automated notifications are sent via text and or email to the families. Take ownership for both platforms. Will establish as the single point of contact for all patient billing disputes and or concerns regarding their patient responsibility.
- Refund requests: Review all refund/reimbursement request correspondences received from payers, analyze and determine if refund check and or recoupment to payer needs to be issued. Process and research credit balances and refunds.
- Familiar with fee schedules to be able to determine if refund request from payer is accurate
- Follow up with families regarding past due accounts via phone, letters, facsimile and/or emails.
- Document and update notes in Central Reach Activity Log
- Respond to daily emails received from families and internal staff
- Manually apply patient responsibility (copays) in Central Reach daily to ensure notifications are sent to families via Collectly to collect copays timely.
- Post virtual credit card payments in Central Reach
- Credit Card monthly reconciliations (managing accounts to ensure Credit Card Auth for copays setup in Collectly)
- When necessary work with families on delinquent accounts and assign payment plan (this will be setup through Collectly)
- Check status on claims contacting payor by telephone, websites (portal) and/or other means available when necessary to follow up and confirm patients responsibility if there is a discrepancy
- Monitor, manage including waiving fees as per service agreement (3 per year) in order for Collectly to collect Cancellation Fees assessed to families
- Coordinate with TSI billing team for families that have SDRC copay assistance to ensure timely payments received and patients are not invoiced/billed.
- Backup Billing Manager/Administrative staff as needed
- Update and Track spreadsheets for Patient Billing Collections and Refunds
- Continue to improve and document current accounts receivable and collections processes
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned by Medical Billing Manager
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Self starter with a history or success in Accounts Receivable, Collections and Refunds.
- Possess the ability to research/identify issues and problems, develop solutions and prepare recommendations, including policies and procedures
- Focused on details and maintaining accurate payment and keeping account status’ current.
- Build relationships with both customers and internal teams.
- Solve problems and generate revenue by ensuring timely payment of invoices.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Medical Billing Certification preferred. (AHIMA, AAPC)
- At least 3+ or more years of patient accounts experience in a healthcare setting
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology and Medicare Compliance. Familiarity with HIPAA privacy requirements for patient information
- Knowledge of Medical Insurance benefits and processes (Copay, Deductible, Coinsurance - Patient Responsibility)
- Insurance Denials and Follow-Up experience
- Familiar with most Medical Insurance Payors (Medicare, Medi-Cal, HMO, FFS, PPO and IPA's)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Computer experience is essential, including, but not limited to practice management software (Central Reach).
- Strong customer support experience.
- Well organized and pays attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills; written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, work independently and be able to meet Billing/Accounting deadlines.
- Hourly position, Monday to Friday (8 hour shift)
- Not Remote. Located in Mission Valley - San Diego
- Equipment provided
- Hours are typically 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Hourly, Non-Exempt position
Compensation and Benefits:
$20 to $25 per hour.
Full benefits package including health, dental, vision, and 401k w/match
Vacation and paid holidays
Access to a collaborative and supportive team (New Friends Yay!)
Want to get a glimpse of working at MeBe? Check out our social media!