|Employer:||The Camden Center Inc
|Skills:||Claim adjustments,UB-04 Forms,CollaborateMD,BestNotes,MH/SA,VOB,EOB
|Specialties:||Mental Health & Substance Use Outpatient Billing
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:||10780 Santa Monica Blvd Suite 105 Los Angeles 90025, CA, US
MEDICAL BILLING MANAGER
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Camden Center in Los Angeles is an intensive outpatient treatment center that offers comprehensive evidence-based, multi-dimensional treatment for psychiatric and addictive disorders. We have a team of nationally recognized medical doctors, psychotherapists, and integrative medicine specialists who have been recruited as experts in their field to work with our patients. Unlike most treatment facilities, Camden Center is a medical organization established and operated by physicians and is founded on the principles of clinical excellence, compassionate and individualized care, and respect for our patients.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The medical billing manager will coordinate and manage patient insurance billings for Camden Center by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates. The manager will directly supervise employees in Camden Center’s Insurance Department in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
We are hiring one full-time medical billing manager that is expected to work Monday-Friday between 9:00 AM and 5:30 PM PST.
Core duties and responsibilities include:
- Determine patient payment models using information from the patient’s insurance policy and coverage
- Post insurance payments to patient accounts in the electronic medical billing software
- Create and submit electronic insurance claims
- Provide superbills as needed or upon request
- Rebill insurance companies or other third parties to secure payment for patients
- Follow up on insurance claim status to ensure all claims are accepted by the carriers and processed correctly
- Respond to patient billing and statement inquiries
- Communicate professionally with patients and/or their financial guarantors to resolve issues, answer questions related to insurance policies and claims, and provide updates on reimbursements
- Regularly meet with the company’s financial and insurance teams
- Work closely with the company’s Utilization Review Department to exchange patient authorization information
- Prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and maintain excellent attention to detail
- Be open to learning and adapting to new responsibilities
Supervisory responsibilities include:
- Interview candidates and provide hiring recommendation to Human Resources
- Train new employees in the Insurance Department
- Plan, delegate, and direct work to employees within the Insurance Department
- Appraise employee performance, address complaints, and resolve problems
- Hourly rate is negotiable based on experience.
- Must be able to legally work in the United States and provide documentation (2 forms of ID and/or Green Card)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Benefits include Medical and 401k.
TO APPLY: Please send BOTH a cover letter AND resume to HR@camdencenter.com.