Our client is an Oral Surgery practice. This is a profitable, growing multi-State operation, with HQ in Charlotte, NC.
They are currently seeking a seasoned Billing Manager with medical billing experience. They offer a team-oriented work environment and competitive compensation package, with benefits including: medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability, paid training, paid holidays, paid time off, and 401(k).
Working under the direction of the COO, the Billing Manager directly supervises the billing staff for multiple clinics, and is accountable for the revenue cycle of the organization, including insurance verification, benefits determination, billing, posting and collections. Experience with both medical and dental insurance is required.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide hands-on management of billing and collections. This position works to ensure effective integration of revenue cycle activities into the operations of the system as a whole, to achieve the goals defined in the business plan.
· Serve as the leader and manager for all billing staff.
· Working with the CFO, develop monitoring systems to ensure that physician production is captured, billed and collected accurately and effectively.
· Establish and maintain appropriate measures for staffing, productivity, compliance, quality, accuracy and patient satisfaction.
· Continuously review performance metrics to insure that billing is operating within budget and meeting financial and operational goals.
· Develop and implement detailed action plans to improve performance where not being met.
· Appraise performance of direct reports and operating staff.
· Train, discipline, terminate, and hire to continuously upgrade staff performance.
· Develop, present, and/or coordinate training related to billing operations.
· Reward good performance to develop and retain superior staff.
· Address complaints and resolve problems.
· Ensure a high quality work environment as evidenced by staff satisfaction survey results.
· Plan, assign, and direct the work for insurance verification, billing, posting, and collection.
· Evaluate results to ensure that departmental objectives and operating requirements are met.
· Identify opportunities for improvement and work with leadership to improve functioning.
· Identify ways to maximize revenue and cash flow.
· Work collaboratively with employees to implement best practices and systems and efficient workflow.
· Report and share information with the CEO, COO, CFO, and other Executive Team members to ensure they are kept fully informed on the status of the billing operation.
· Prepare high-quality written reports which clearly identify revenue cycle outcomes.
· Proven management skills with emphasis on planning, organizing, prioritizing, delegating and supervising to achieve desired deliverables.
· Demonstrated abilities to build effective teams, facilitate staff working collaboratively, and retaining top talent.
· Detail oriented, with strong budget management capabilities, coupled with analytical and problem solving skills.
· Prudent decision making, problem solving and initiative in a multitude of situations.
Education: Degree in Business, Health Administration, or related field from an accredited university
· 5 - 7 years of progressively responsible experience in medical billing, in a multi-clinic environment.
· 2 years in a managerial role.
· Experience with both Medical and Dental insurance.To apply for this position, please submit your application via this link: https://www.optimizehire.org/apply-job?i=MTE5Ng%3D%3D and select the Billing Manager (Charlotte, North Carolina) position from the Job Opening drop-down menu.We are an equal opportunity employer.