|Employer:||Advantage ENT LLP
|Type:||FULL TIME, OTHER
|Skills:||Coding,billing,Claims status checks,modifiers,posting,phone skills,customer service
|Location:||7850 Vance Dr Suite 225 Arvada 80003-213, CO, US
| At our ENT Practice, overall success is based on each team member’s ability to provide superior customer service to all of our patients and affiliated networks. The Medical Biller is responsible for all functions of the accounts receivable process including but not limited to insurance and patient billing, overseeing the collection of patient payments at the time of service, ensuring the proper methods of receiving, recording and deposit of patient and other receipts, collections, and financial planning for patients.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Using coded data to produce and submit medical claims to insurance companies.
- Perform all functions related to the collection of delinquent accounts, to include follow up phone calls and resubmission of claims to third party payers.
- Responsible for timely processing of all claims and follow up on all unpaid claims.
- Review all denials on an explanation of benefits (EOB) and work on issues/errors until resolved.
- Submit required appeals when needed.
- Processes daily cash receipts and posts all cash receipts to patient accounts.
- Ensure appropriate billing guidelines are followed, adheres to all compliance requirements, and works all billing and contractual edits.
- Answering patients’ billing questions pertaining to their bill.
- Facilitates team operations by sharing information and knowledge, identification of teamwork issues, development of problem-solving recommendations, and recommendations of standardizing team operations.
- Forward issues to Business Manager when necessary.
- Ensure that records are stored securely and handled in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
· Review revenue cycle policies and procedures and provide feedback and suggestions to Business Manager.
- Effectively resolves all internal and external correspondence and inquiries.
- Support the Business Manager in assisting with a variety of other accounting support and general accounting projects.
- Effectively communicate with all staff, physicians, and vendors to ensure peak operational efficiency.
- Assist other departments such as front desk coverage as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED required. Medical Billing Diploma preferred.
- Minimum of six months of experience as a Medical Biller in a high-volume environment.
- Knowledgeable in coding, insurance (including but not limited to familiarity with HMO, Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial insurance guidelines), general accounting practices, admission and discharge form filling work, and medical terminology.
- Previous experience using an EMR.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner.
- Must demonstrate effective oral communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with all patients and staff.
- Strong ethics and a high level of personal and professional integrity.
- Familiarity with most types of modern office equipment including copiers, computers, scanners, phones, and fax machines.
- Ability to work with and safely handle all PHI and ePHI information per HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Ability to pass a background check.
Our benefits package includes: 401(k), stipend to purchase medical, accrual of sick and vacation time.
Job Type: Full-Time (34-40 hours a week)
- Medical Billing: 6 months preferred
Resume must be accompanied by a cover letter including salary request. Email only. No phone calls please.