|Employer:||Healthcare Media LLC
Medical Billing Specialist/ Coder
At Arthritis Knee Pain Centers (AKPC) we are committed to providing exceptional, non-surgical, non-opioid, pain- relieving therapy to patients suffering from chronic osteoarthritis of the knee. Every patient is special. Every patient is family. Our care standard celebrates every patient's unique needs with empathy, care, and transparency.
Currently seeking a successful Medical Billing Specialist/ Coder with at least 2 years of experience in orthopedic billing, a solid background in coding and medical billing with an emphasis on working coding denials and account management. This opportunity involves insurance verification for multiple large orthopedic clinics, Claim creation and scrubbing, patient calls, coordination of benefits, pre-certifications/authorizations, patient records, etc. Excellent understanding of insurance benefits, billing/coding is a plus. Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment. Certified coder is a plus!
THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION!
- Knowledge with in and out of network insurances, Workers Compensation, insurance verification, patient responsibility, and process for prior authorization.
- Knowledge of interpreting EOBs, posting payments, and adjusting accounts appropriately.
- Familiarity with ICD-10 and CPT codes and procedures.
- Proficient in medical coding guidelines and regulations.
- Reviews medical record documentation to identify pertinent diagnoses and/or procedures that require coding
- Reviews medical records to assure accurate specificity of diagnoses, procedures, and appropriate reimbursement for professional charges
- Effectively utilizes ICD 10, CPT, HPCPS, modifiers and/or other codes according to coding guidelines
- Communicates effectively with provider and/or all appropriate parties regarding missing information such as CPT, diagnoses codes, documents, operative reports, etc. to ensure proper coding
- Creates claims and transfer to third-party payers utilizing the correct forms. IE) HCFAs
- Compiles files consisting of HCFA 1500 forms, medical documents, and/or authorizations for various attorneys or requesting payer as needed
- Increases revenue by collecting payments on outstanding accounts
- Conducts audits and coding reviews to ensure all documentation is accurate and precise
- Manage the status of accounts and identify inconsistencies
- Maintain Appeal/denials. Ensure we are completing timely
- Must have 5 years in a medical office or facility setting
- Must have 2 years of orthopedic experience as a coder
- Must have at least 1 year of billing experience