|Skills:||Billing,claims processing,billing cycle,excel,reimbursement,collections,accounts receivable
|Location:||3075 Orchard Vista Dr. SE Grand Rapids 49546, MI, US
The Medical Billing Specialist provides billing and collection services across multiple Hope Network departments. They are our go-to experts on billing auto insurance, commercial health plans, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Medicare/Medicaid, workers’ compensation, private payments, and community mental health payments.
Why a Medical Billing Specialist at Hope…
As a Billing Specialist, you will change lives - including your own. Here are just some of the ways we invest in you for all that you do:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care
- Retirement Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Educational Reimbursement
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Flexible Scheduling
How you will change lives…
Each year, we assist tens of thousands of people living with disabilities or disadvantages across the state of Michigan. Whether these amenities are funded by insurance or private means, we rely on our Billing Specialists to manage claims with efficiency and compassion so we can continue to deliver exceptional services to the community. Billing Specialists are responsible for:
- Processing both electronic and paper claims using billing software.
- Following up on unpaid claims.
- Reviewing explanations of benefits (EOBs) for accuracy of payments, adjustments and patient responsibility.
- Communicating with insurance companies and funding sources regarding payment discrepancies.
- Researching and appealing denied claims.
- Utilizing specific knowledge regarding billing and reimbursement guidelines to expedite payment for services.
- You have a desire to help individuals who may be going through a difficult time, even if that help may be in the background.
- You are detail-oriented, tech-savvy, and quick to adapt to change.
- You are interested in growing your career in a growing field with ample opportunities for advancement.
- You know how to effectively communicate and positively influence those around you.
- You pride yourself on your perseverance.
We are Hopeful you have…
- A high school diploma or equivalent degree.
- Relevant certification (CCS-P, CPC, CPB preferred).
- Familiarity with data processing, medical billing & reimbursement, collections, and business office procedures.
- A real knack for Excel.