|Employer:||Mary Free Bed
|Skills:||billing,billing regulations,insurance verification,CSC,CMRS
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||235 Wealthy Street SW Grand Rapids 49503, MI, US
The Medical Group Medical Billing Specialist is responsible for the implementation of data and patient billing into the practice management system for the Medical Group. He / she works under the direct supervision of the Medical Group Manager.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Maintains patient confidentiality as it is described in the HIPAA Privacy Act
- Submits timely, accurate and compliant claims by utilizing the billing software.
- Responsible for patient billing as assigned by work flow
- Responsible for reviewing practitioner notes for appropriate documentation for accurate billing
- Reviews, investigates, addresses denials report timely and accurately
- Prepares reports from the practice management system as scheduled and/or requested
- Serves as back up to department as needed
- Serves as liaison between the Medical Group, hospital departments and patients with questions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Medical Group Manager and/or the Chief Executive Officer of the Medical Group
Essential Job Qualifications (Knowledge, Education, and Training Requirements):
- High school education or equivalent; associates degree preferred.
- Three to five years experience medical billing.
- Knowledge of third party billing regulations.
- Proficient time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to problem-solve and work effectively as a team member.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with Practice Management and Electronic Medical Records systems
- Computer experience with high accuracy level of data entry
- Ability to operate general business office equipment
- Excellent telephone, organizational and customer service skills
- Organizational and problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Information management skills to communicate, explain, interpret and present data
- Physical Demands - Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time); to lift, carry, push, pull, up to 10 pounds occasionally; to sit for the majority of the time, but may involve brief periods of time involving walking or standing; to use keyboard frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of the time)
Other Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Completion of medical office courses
- Certification as Certified Professional Coder (CSC), Certified Coding Specialist-Professional (CCS-P), or Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist (CMRS).
- Solid working knowledge of ICD-9-CM and CPT coding structures.
- Previous experience in similar position or tenure at practice to accept this position.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
Demonstrate excellent customer service and standards of behaviors as well as encourages, coaches and monitors the same in team members. This individual should consistently promote teamwork and direct communication with co-workers and deal discretely and sensitively with confidential information
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Embrace Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, by:
- Treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Opening more doors to opportunities for underrepresented cultures
- Growing talent and people
- Evaluating and eliminating disparities
- Taking action against injustices, bias and racism
- Honoring our differences and how to collaborate
- Educating staff, patients and the communities we care for
- Restoring Hope and Freedom, together
Responsibilities in Quality Improvement:
Contributes by identifying problems and seeking solutions. Promotes patient/family satisfaction where possible; participates in departmental efforts to monitor and report customer service.
Mary Free Bed is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or other legally protected characteristic.