|Employer:||Health Express Urgent Care
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
Full Job Description
Health Express Urgent Care is a privately owned and operated company in the Greater Cleveland area. Our goal is to provide quality one-on-one medical care and deliver a great experience for our patients. The experience starts with their first phone call, high quality medical care, and ends with professional billing experience to help satisfy their account. HEUC values all of their employees and treats them as professional members of the team. All employees are expected to commit to the values and focus of providing great service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review and submit encounters daily to insurance
- Review, correct and process any rejected or denied claims. File claim reconsiderations or appeals when necessary.
- Post and review payments
- Manage accounts receivable and follow up on no response claims in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate and send monthly patient statements and follow up as necessary
- Assist in reconciling account receivable and reconciling statements monthly
- Maintain knowledge of insurance plans and urgent care billing practices and procedures. Implement new policies and procedures to streamline billing and collections when necessary.
- Assist in preparing financial and statistical reports as directed
- Supervise and oversee support staff when handling patient intakes, insurance information collections, and collection of copays/coinsurance/deductible.
- Perform credentialing for new staff providers and maintain current credentialing for current staff.
- Other Administrative functions as necessary or directed.
- Applicant must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Must have min 2 years previous billing experience. Prefer candidates with some prior experience in urgent care billing
- Must have strong understanding of insurance verification and prior authorization processes
- Strong customer service experience
- Billing: 2 years (Required)
- Urgent Care: 1 year (Preferred)