|Employer:||Coding Advantage, LLC
|Specialties:||Behavioral Health, Internal Medicine, Ophthalmology
|Preferred Certifications:||CPB or CPC
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||PO Box 691 Chardon 44024, OH, US
This is an independent contractor position. Ideal candidate will be a goal-oriented, self-motivated, and a proven highly accurate biller. You have a commitment to being the best in the business consistently obtaining every possible revenue dollar for our clients while maintaining the highest level of integrity and compliance. Candidate will demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be prepared to take a baseline billing test to demonstrate knowledge in all aspects of medical billing.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Checking eligibility and benefits verification as needed. Must understand the design of Medicaid managed care coverage nuances.
- Validation of charges from EMR prior to claims submission
- Post all payments including EFT
- Post or validate ERA adjustments per contracts with Medicare, Medicaid, and third-party commercial carriers.
- Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using various billing platforms, including electronic and paper claim processing.
- Following up on unpaid claims within industry standard revenue cycle time frame.
- Checking each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract adjustments.
- Calling insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments.
- Identifying and billing secondary or tertiary insurances.
- Reviewing accounts for insurance or patient follow-up (patient may need called to clarify coverage issues).
- Needs ability to communicate professionally with patients regarding billing.
- Updating deposit spreadsheets and running monthly reports as required by management/client.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in the billing and accounts receivable follow up environment
- CPB, CPC or similar credential a plus but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of behavioral health services and payment methodologies
- Understand proper use of CPT, ICD-10 and HCPCS codes use in behavioral health or other specialty.
- Experience using Word and Excel programs
- Must understand balancing a financial day (balancing to deposit records)
- Experience understanding how to maximize use of carrier websites when applicable.