|Employer:||Reliance Medical Management, LLC
|Type:|| Full-Time, Remote
|Specialties:||OB, GYN, Family Practice
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||,Raleigh 27609, NC, US* Note: This listing is for a remote position
Applicants must reside in North Carolina*
Reliance Medical Management is seeking a qualified and dedicated Medical Biller to join our administrative office. In this position, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks requiring data analysis, in-depth evaluation, and sound judgment. As our Medical Biller, your daily duties will include maintaining billing software, appealing denied claims, and recording late payments.
This position is remote with telecommute for meetings every other month. Medical Biller must have the ability to work and maintain focus independently. Candidate must reside in the state of NC.
To succeed in this role, you must possess in-depth knowledge of billing software and medical insurance policies. The ideal candidate must also be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as communicating with clients and various insurance agents will form a large part of the job.
- Prepare and submit billing data and medical claims to private and government insurance companies.
- Ability to document and track performance clearly.
- Ensure the patient’s medical information is accurate and up to date.
- Prepare bills and invoices, and document amounts due for medical procedures and services.
- Collect and review referrals and pre-authorizations.
- Monitor and record late payments.
- Follow-up on missed payments and resolve financial discrepancies.
- Examine patient bills for accuracy and request any missing information.
- Investigate and appeal denied claims.
- Help patients develop patient payment plans.
- Maintain billing software by updating rate change, cash spreadsheets, and current collection reports.
- Comfortable working through Zoom meetings (sharing screen, monitored sessions) each day.
- Adheres to RMM Policy and Procedures.
- Work as a team player.
- Maintains company confidentiality in all areas.
- Maintains a positive, respectful attitude, high team spirit and morale.
- Uses tact in all personal and patient interactions.
- Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload.
- Consistently reports to work on time for scheduled shift, prepared to perform duties of position.
*This position is remote until further notice. Candidate will be required to meet for periodic team meetings throughout the year.
Pay: $15-$18/hr, DOE
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week/Monday-Thursday, 8AM-5PM & Friday, 8AM-1:30PM
Benefits: 401k, PTO, No medical, vision, or dental available. In lieu, we pay 50% of personal medical, vision, & dental premiums.