Medical Collections Specialist - TOP PAY, PTO & Paid Holidays, 100% Employer Paid Benefits!
Fountainhead Practice Management is seeking an experienced Medical Collector who is self-motivated with an outstanding attitude and great work ethic.
***This position offers GREAT PAY, GREAT PAID BENEFITS (medical, dental, vision, 401K) , GREAT PTO + PAID HOLIDAYS!***
- 100% Employer Paid Employee Medical Insurance
- 100% Employer Paid STD & LTD
- 100% Employer Paid Life and AD&D
- Supplemental Insurance Options
- Very Generous Vacation Package
- 7 Paid Holidays
- 401k Plan – Safe Harbor Contribution
Education and Training
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. CPC certification or equivalent experience
3. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Work, Outlook)
2 years + of healthcare billing experience including patient, third party and government accounts receivable experience.
ICD10, CPT and HCPC coding experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Review and analyze third party payer accounts receivable and perform necessary collection actions and follow up per Company policies,
procedures and protocols to ensure the timely and accurate collections of accounts receivable.
2. File claim appeals per payer guidelines as needed.
3. Research and respond to payer requests for information, questions and denials per Company policies, procedures and protocols.
4. Identify any coding related issues and communicate them to supervisor.
5. Verifies insurance companies refund requests.
6. Verifies patient account balances.
7. Special collections projects as assigned.
8. Refers all collection problems to supervisor for further action when collection efforts have been unsuccessful.
9. Ability to track and trend any payer related issues and communicate them to supervisor.
10. Documents all collection efforts in practice management system.
Physical Demand Requirements:
Requires sitting, standing, use of fingers and hands required and using a computer screen for long periods of time.
Fountainhead Practice Management Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. (Nov. 2019)