|Employer:||Berkshire ENT & Audiological Assoc PC
|Skills:||CPC with billing experience
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||510 North Street Suite 10 Pittsfield 01201, MA, US
Berkshire ENT & Audiolgoical Associates PC jobs in Pittsfield, MA
Outpatient ENT practice seeking Coder and Biller to join our busy, friendly medical practice that is dedicated to high quality patient care. The right candidate will be responsible for surgical coding, inpatient coding, providing advanced medical billing support under the direction of the Practice Manager. This position includes gathering and entering appropriate demographic and insurance information, responds to patient billing inquiries, working with insurance companies to ensure proper reimbursement for medical services and performing necessary claims follow-up.
- Coding of operative reports and inpatient services.
- Accurately process charge entry, ensuring billing has successfully processed to point of insurance carrier
- Routinely work the ATB reports ensuring all claims are received and problems claims are worked timely.
- Prepare high level appeals and claim adjudications
- Post payments and adjustments to claims
- Assist co-workers with the workflow in the billing department
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a medical billing office
- High School graduate or equivalent with formal billing training preferred. CPC preferred.
- A high level of insurance knowledge with the resources to correct work denials via the online, telephone, fax or mail
- Previous customer service experience with customer accounts and billing related issues
- Previous experience with medical insurance reimbursement process, ICD10 and CPT coding
- Ability to calmly and competently explain complex medical billing issues to patients and insurance companies
- Proactively identify and address basic billing problems to facilitate maximum reimbursement
- Efficiently direct work flow in the Billing Office based on business needs
- Accurately code operative reports.
Excellent benefits to include health, dental, retirement and paid time off.