|Type:||PER DIEM, FULL TIME
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||1130 NW 22nd Ave, 410,Portland 97210, OR, US
Come join our dynamic team!
Job Summary for Medical Biller/Coder
The main role of our medical billing team is to ensure proper payment for medical services rendered. They are responsible for the accurate flow of medical information and patient data between physicians, patients and third-party payers. Without them, NWGC business could not function efficiently.
- Review and code endoscopic procedures performed at our Ambulatory Surgical Center
- Review and code E/M services and procedures performed in the inpatient and outpatient hospital setting
- Review and code infusion services
- Transmit charges electronically through our EHR
- Coordinate with other members of the billing team to ensure proper billing of all claims
- Answer phones as part of the billing team. This can include taking patient payments, explaining billing to patients, coordinating with ancillary billing companies, etc.
General Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong working knowledge of ICD-10, HCPCS and CPT coding guidelines
- Ability to accurately review and abstract coding information from provider documentation
- Skilled in using courteous and professional telephone manner which demonstrates caring and understanding attitude while maintaining professional ethic and patient confidentiality.
- Medical terminology, keyboarding and filing skills, word processing experience, good grammar and vocabulary skills.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow written and oral instructions and possess written and oral communication skills that enable effective relationships with patients, physicians and employees.
Education and Training
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- One-year customer service experience
- >3 years medical coding experience
- Medical coding certification from AAPC or AHIMA (CPC, CCS or equivalent)
- Experience with gastroenterology billing is preferred
- Experience with EPIC is preferred