|Employer:||Northwest Orthopaedic Specialists
|Type:||PER DIEM, FULL TIME
|Location:||601 W 5th Ave, Suite 400,Spokane 99204, WA, US
The Medical Billing and Coding Representative serves as the primary billing support for the providers and/or facilities of NWOS. The Medical Billing and Coding Representative is responsible for ensuring charges are accurately coded and reconciled.
- Coordinates with clinical staff to get complete charge information for all encounters.
- Codes information on procedures performed while ensuring proper use of CPT, ICD10, and modifiers.
- Verifies documentation and completes charge information to produces accurate billings according to organizational policies.
- Works closely with staff to ensure accurate collection of insurance information, referrals, and payments.
- Corrects and resubmits claims as needed to ensure accurate payments.
- Maintains required billing records, reports, files, etc.
- Provides excellent customer service to patients, clerical staff, and insurance companies, communicating in a positive and professional manner.
- Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
- Ensures that Accounts Receivable is kept current according to organizational benchmarks.
- Adheres to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Current Certified Professional Coder (CPC) and/or COSC (Certified Orthopaedic Surgery Coder) certification, or agreement to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- At least one year of prior experience working in a medical office or hospital at any capacity.
- At least one year of prior medical billing or coding experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of current ICD10 and CPT guidelines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and human anatomy.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer systems and programs.
- Knowledge of modern office equipment including fax machines, copiers, scanners, etc.
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401k with company match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Holidays