|Employer:||Wellspire Medical Group
|Type:||FULL TIME, OTHER
|Specialties:||Cardiology, Interventional Cardiology, and Urology
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||5 to 7 years
|Location:|| Humble 77338, TX, US
Busy multi specialty practice in Northeast Houston area looking for a full-time Medical Billing Manager /CPC coder, who will provide oversite and experience to a high functioning billing team.
RESPONSIBILITIES of the Medical Billing Coordinator:
- Code all inpatient claims based on physicians documentation for Urology and Cardiology specialties.
- Oversee a team of medical billers and payment posters.
- Explain outstanding balance information with patients with positive outcomes.
- Review AR to ensure timely filing and payments.
- Review denials and provide guidance to your team to achieve claims payment.
- Reviews previously worked medical insurance claims for accuracy.
- Responsible for communicating with Physicians and Administrator on denial trends.
- Responsible for working medical billing account credits to ensure timely patient and insurance refunds.
- Familiar with quality requirements such as MIPS/MACRA to insure all metrics are being met by the providers.
REQUIREMENTS for the Medical Billing Coordinator:
- Certified professional coder (CPC), or 5 years of inpatient coding experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with insurance plans, deductibles, copays, EOBs, procedure codes and ICD-10 codes, primary care and cardiology preferred.
- Experience with EMR vendors, eClinical Works preferred.
- Strong attention to detail; goal oriented.
- Critical thinker and independent work habits.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work within a billing team.
- Primary Care, Cardiology and Urology experience preferred