|Type:||PART TIME, OTHER
|Job Location:||Partial Remote
|Location:||5771 Roosevelt Blvd Clearwater 33760, FL, US
Empath Health is currently seeking a HIM Coding Specialist to join our team. If you are compassionate, motivated and interested in making a positive impact in your community, you will find a rewarding career at Empath Health.
The HIM Coding Specialist is responsible for auditing clinical documentation to assure accuracy and appropriateness of the assigned ICD-10-CM diagnostic codes.
As a nonprofit, integrated network of care, Empath Health supports anyone facing chronic or advanced illness. We help patients live as comfortably and meaningfully as possible and offer assistance to their families and caregivers along the way. No matter where someone is on their journey, our spectrum of medical and emotional support services provides compassionate care for each and every patient.
Suncoast Hospice, Empath Home Health, and Empath Health Pharmacy are proud to be accredited by the Joint Commission showing our commitment to quality.
Mission: Through every step of every journey, we offer compassion through extraordinary care, hope through innovative services and inspiration through endless encouragement.
Vision: To be the leader in life-changing health care.
• Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certifications: AHIMA or AAPC Certified Professional Coder; RHIT; or RHIA preferred.
• One to two years experience with expertise in utilizing ICD-10-CM coding conventions preferred.
• Knowledgeable in medical terminology, disease processes, and pharmacology.
• Working knowledge of electronic health records computer systems, Microsoft applications, data integrity and processing techniques required.
• Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations pertaining to patient’s information and confidentiality.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Accurate and detail oriented.
• Able to work well with physicians, clinical staff and coworkers in a team environment.
Empath Health values diversity as it strengthens our community and care. We embrace the diversity of cultures, thoughts, beliefs and traditions of our employees, volunteers and people we are honored to serve across our network. Our diverse staff reflects our community and each day, we work to be respectful, sensitive and competent with each other and those in our care. In every journey, we are dedicated to achieving comfort, dignity and exceptional care. Those of all backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to apply with us or seek our care and services.
Our commitment to patient, client, staff and volunteer safety is a cornerstone of a High Reliability Organization with a focus on zero harm. Participation in the seasonal influenza program is a condition of employment and a requirement for all Empath Health employees.
Drug & Tobacco Free Workplace