We are currently looking for a Full Time Medical Coder. This position is a work from home position. Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company match, AFLAC, PTO, company paid life insurance, and flexible work schedule.
Our ideal candidate must have extensive knowledge of medical terminology, medical coding (CPT-4 and ICD-10-CM), and state, federal, and Medicare regulations; Strong written and verbal communication skills with emphasis on relationship building and communicating effectively with a group; Understanding of coding requests and services commonly performed in a medical center environment; Ability to work independently and meet deadlines; Accepting of roles with increasing responsibility; Basic knowledge of the revenue cycle for communicating corrective action recommendations; Ability to accurately sequence principle diagnosis and procedures, complications and comorbid conditions on inpatient and outpatient accounts; Ability to provide guidance to other staff in identifying and resolving coding issues or errors; Ability to accurately assign ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT-4 codes to complex outpatient encounters such as observation, outpatient surgery and interventional radiology using ICD-10-CM/PCS and CPT-4 codes; Ability to analyze and resolve claim denials that are rejected by edits; Ability to maintain the national standards for coding accuracy and internal standards for productivity; Computer skills; Communication skills; Coding and auditing skills
COC, CIC or AHIMA coding certification strongly preferred.
Under general supervision, follow established physician billing procedures to ensure clean insurance claim generation leading to prompt payment of claims.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Comply with all legal requirements regarding coding procedures and practices
2) Conduct audits and coding reviews to ensure all documentation is accurate and precise
3) Assign and sequence all codes for services rendered
4) Contact physicians and other health care professionals with questions about treatments or diagnostic tests given to patients with regard to coding procedures
5) Follows all HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) rules and regulations.
6) Interacts courteously and compassionately with other associates.
7) Communications with patients, visitors, and clients are friendly and professional.
8) Maintains a professional appearance.
9) Projects a positive image in the community.
10) Other duties as assigned.
1) Analytical/clerical ability to review medical records, prepare appeal letters, correct claims and provide support documentation as needed.
2) The interpersonal and communication skills necessary to interact with Physicians, nurse practitioners, office and hospital personnel
KNOWLEDGE, PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE AND LICENSURE/REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
1) The level of knowledge equivalent to completion of high school or GED.
2) 2+ Years coding experience preferred
3) Knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 codes necessary
4) Certification preferred prior to hire date
5) Knowledge of HIPAA rules and regulations and the ability to apply these regulations on a daily basis.
1) Normal sedentary office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this job. They are not exhaustive lists of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions.