|Employer:||Florida Heart Associates
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||1550 Barkley Circle,Fort Myers 33907, FL, US
Located in the attractive Southwest Florida Gulf Coast area, Florida Heart Associates operates a modern medical center dedicated to meeting the cardiac needs of Southwest Florida. We have the only freestanding cardiac catheterization lab in the county where we perform diagnostic testing on hearts in addition to peripheral vascular procedures. We also support an in-house PET imaging system, stress testing, echo and vascular testing and management of arrhythmia equipment. Florida Heart Associates is committed to providing patients with personal attention, expert medical care and friendly service.
Visit us: www.flaheart.com
Florida Heart Associates is recruiting for a outpatient/physician coder. The Medical Coder will code outpatient hospital, primarily E&M, with some testing and will apply and ensure appropriate code designation, per the current manuals to physician services, ensuring established compliance criteria is met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES:Critical features of this job are described under the headings below. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
Obtain hospital charge sheets.
- Review procedures and reports along with physician charge sheets.
- Verify procedures via hospital clinical data base.
- Coordinate with demographics person to update/enter patient demographic information for all hospital procedures.
- Code all surgical procedures from dictated reports and hospital charge sheets.
- Code all diagnostic procedures with appropriate diagnosis.
- Enter all coded hospital charges.
- Keep abreast of changes in regulations and apprise management and physicians.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Two years experience in physician or related healthcare setting.
- Two years experience coding specific to diagnosis (ICD-10) and procedures (CPT & HCPCs).
- Requires E&M experience
- Coding certification required
- Familiarity with Cardiology preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of business office procedures
- Knowledge of either insurance or related healthcare billing.
- Skill in operating a computer and general office machine