|Type:||PER DIEM, FULL TIME
|Skills:||E/M Profee Coding,Auditing
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||,Germantown 20876, MD, US
**Position can be remote**
The Coder ensures the assignment of compliant, complete, and accurate ICD-10-CM diagnosis codes and CPT service codes for the professional component of rendered services based upon the clinical documentation provided within the medical record and according to the organization’s coding philosophy. Works collaboratively with other members of the Coding and auditing team to complete all essential responsibilities in a timely fashion to meet the quality, utilization, and financial needs of the organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes weekly coding queue as assigned, maintaining a consistent level of productivity and accuracy.
- Completes daily flow of coding worklist claims in the billing software as assigned to ensure timely resolution.
- Maintain accurate coding-related information in other platforms, which may include claims clearinghouse and practice management worklists.
- Refers complex issues to the Assistant Coding Manager.
- Participates in coder specific training and education based on audit metrics and trends.
- Assists with special projects as needed and performs related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- Coding certification through AAPC and/or AHIMA required (CPC or CCS-P preferred)
- Minimum 1-2 years of healthcare coding experience required, experience with coding Emergency Department and/or Hospitalist services preferred.
- Experience using Practice Management and/or coding systems, facility EHR software products, and Excel
- Excellent analytical skills; you can identify and analyze issues, develop solutions, and communicate your work effectively to Leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Coding: 1 year (Preferred)