|Employer:||Nebraska Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine
|Location:||575 S 70TH ST STE 200, Suite 200,Lincoln 68510, NE, US
Nebraska Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine is seeking a highly-motivated, organized individual to work in a fast-paced orthopedic clinic. The ideal candidate will have experience in coding.
- Assigns and sequences ICD-10, CPT, and modifier codes to surgical procedures and fracture care
- Review op reports and turns text into coding or transfers codes directly from op reports
- Enters and reviews for accuracy charge information into EMR
- Prepares and submits clean claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper
- Identifies and resolves errors with coding
- Responsible for identifying and applying modifiers to surgical procedures for PQRS/MIPS reporting
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant coding/billing changes as they become effective, research all information needed, and assist in implementing them
- Answers questions from patients, clinical, billing staff and insurance companies
- Maintains patient confidentiality and follows HIPAA Guidelines
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent required; Associate’s degree preferred.
Experience: At least two years’ experience in a health care organization, and surgical coding/insurance billing is required.
Certification: Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Certification preferred.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, abbreviations, techniques and procedure; and anatomy and physiology
- Knowledge of official coding rules established by the American Medical Association (AMA) and the Center of Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) for assignment of procedural codes
- Ability to effectively examine documents for accuracy and completeness
- Ability to research and resolve a wide variety of problems
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and written with clinical and non-clinical staff as well as the public
Job Type: Full-time