|Specialties:||Ortho, Trauma, Gen Surg
|Required Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||1070 Holt Ave Suite 2200 Manchester 03103, NH, US* Note: This listing is for a remote position
Reviews documentation for appropriate diagnosis and procedure code assignment of outpatient (PPS) facility encounters using the ICD-10-CM, CPT, and HCPCS coding systems.
Adheres to outside regulations and requirements, state reporting mandates, and provides coding to minimize the number of days
2. Meets or exceeds productivity and quality standards.
3. Seeks clarification from the physician via face-to-face or via staff messaging when documentation is absent, ambiguous or
4. Adheres to the Standard Operating Procedure for Provider-Coder Discrepancies.
As per the SOP, provides limited feedback to physicians regarding appropriate documentation for coding.
5. Refers to coding
supervisor and coding educator any documentation trends that require provider education.
6. Maintains positive working relationships with physicians, clinical staff, management, and co-workers.
7. Works independently and takes initiative to identify opportunities to maximize efficiencies.
9. Participates in ICD-10 readiness initiatives.
10. Participates in new provider education as determined by coding leadership.
8. Previous surgical coding experience required.
9. 3M and Epic experience preferred.