|Employer:||Milwaukee Orthopaedic Group, LTD
|Type:||FULL TIME, OTHER
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||1218 W Kilbourn Ave., Suite 301 Milwaukee 53233, WI, US
Performs initial charge review to determine appropriate ICD-10 and CPT codes to be used to report provider services to third party payers.
· Interprets progress notes, operative reports, discharge summaries, and charge documents to determine services provided and accurately assign CPT and ICD-10coding to these services.
· Enters appropriate data into the ALLSCRIPTS Billing System by selecting the appropriate codes, diagnosis, and modifiers
· Contacts providers regarding procedures and other services billed to ensure proper coding.
· Responsible for reviewing patient logs and other report of clinical activity to ensure billing is captured for all patients.
· Monitors and follows up to ensure all services that can be billed are captured and coded for billing.
· Responsible for ensuring the batch processes for all coded charges.
· Reviews all provider documentation to ensure compliance with third party and regulatory guidelines.
· Works in conjunction with the Reimbursement staff to answer all inquiries regarding coding and billing.
· Works in coordination with other members of the Business Office.
· Works with Surgery Schedulers to provide accurate diagnosis codes for surgery.
· Performs duties and job functions in accordance with the policies and procedures established for the department.
· Reports to work, meetings and professional obligations on time.
· Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
· Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
· Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to influence continuous improvements in department's efficiency and services performed.
· Takes ownership of special projects, researches data and follows through with detailed action plans.
· Actively participates in problem identification and resolution and coordinates resolutions between appropriate parties.