Busy Out-Patient GI Surgery center is looking for a Full Time team member. No Nights, No Weekends. Benefit Package Included.
· Insurance verifications, authorizations, pre-certifications, etc.
· Explain insurance benefits to patients.
· Prepare patient accounts for billing.*
· Follow-up on un-billed patient accounts requiring additional information or contact.*
· Audit the activity of patient accounts.*
· Review and research patient accounts to determine available means of collection.*
· Assist patients when they telephone or come in regarding their account.*
· Bill all accounts.*
· CPT and ICD-10 Coding for all accounts.*
· Make financial arrangements with guests to ensure prompt payments.*
· Maintain confidentiality regarding patient information.*
· Send secondary insurance billing in a timely manner. *
· EOB and payment auditing and review
· Work denials from insurance companies
· Payment posting (insurance and self pay)
· Provide additional coverage of receptionist when needed.
· Participate in the Center’s “in services” related to position and to maintain professional competency.
· Adhere to Center policies.
· Call insurance companies on status of accounts. *
· Submit accounts for adjustments with necessary codes and amounts.*
· Awareness of utilization of supplies and equipment.
· Attend 80% of the Center’s meetings.
· Exhibit a willingness to serve on a committee.
· Perform other control related duties, as required for efficient operations of the Center.
· Perform any and all tasks assigned by the Administrator, Business Office Manager and/or the Billing Supervisor.*
*The job functions that require the use of disclosure of protected health information. If non-routine protected health information becomes necessary the Privacy Officer will have to approve the access.
· All staff, including supervisors and managers, are responsible for:
A. Protecting the center’s hardware, software, information, and data by complying with its security/privacy policies and procedures and correctly using security technologies.
B. Attending required security/privacy training.
C. Using computer terminals and workstations in a manner that protects the security of information they access.
D. Reporting all security/privacy breaches to their supervisors, or to the Privacy Officer when their supervisors are unavailable.
E. Maintaining the confidentiality of their password.