|Employer:||Integrated Medical Services (IMS)
|Skills:||Medical coding,denials,analysis,critical thinking skills,report preparation,work independently
|Specialties:||Gastroenterology, Urology, Orthopedics, Pain, Neurology, Primary Care, Cardiology
|Required Certifications:||One of the following: CPC-A,AHIMA,RHIT,AAPC Credential,CCA,RHIA
|Preferred Certifications:||CCA,RHIA,CPC-A,RHIT,AHIMA,AAPC Credential
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||3 to 4 years
|Location:||3815 E. Bell Road,Phoenix 85032, AZ, US
This position is accountable for reviewing medical claim information through data-entry in the Practice Management System and researching and correcting data entry errors using various electronic healthcare systems. This position is responsible for training providers, back office staff, and front office staff on correct coding procedures. This position uses knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 codes to determine the appropriate order and combination of alpha, numeric or symbolic data to ensure accuracy in entering medical claim information by following the Organization's and Department's established policies and procedures.
- Enters alpha, numeric or symbolic data from source documents into Practice Management System for patient billing purposes using knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 codes.
- Responsible for analyzing, researching and correcting data entry errors using Practice Management System, electronic medical record systems, and Microsoft Office applications.
- Researches and consolidates information required for analysis of revenue cycle operations. Prepares reports in conformance with legal requirements or organization needs.
- Uses established procedures to perform assigned tasks.
- Analyzes and interprets coding guidelines, company policies, procedures and state and federal regulations affecting the assigned functional area
- Maintains a broad high level knowledge of contracts, regulatory and benefit terms related to various commercial payers, worker compensation, liability or various governmental payers.
- Conducts testing of system updates related to revenue cycle processes and provides feedback. Identified and recommends solutions for system or process improvements.
- Performs advanced and/or complex duties requiring independent decisions and extensive, diversified professional experience and knowledge.
- Remains current on the specific data requirements as dictated by various government and private insurance carriers.
- May serve as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
- Provides training to clinical departments as needed, including training of new providers and coders.
- Performs regular coding reviews for specialty providers.
- Assist with quarterly audit process.
- Travel may be required depending on business needs.
- Hours may vary and be outside of normal office hours depending on business needs.
- Prepares special projects as assigned or needed. Assists in the development and implementation of revenue cycle policies and procedures.
**IMS is a tobacco-free work environment**
IMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
It is the policy of IMS to provide equal opportunity in employment. Selection and employment of applicants will be made on the basis of their qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.