About The Role:
Medical Specialties Managers (“MSM”) is looking for Medical Coders (specifically multi specialty, orthopedic, and interventional radiology coders) to join our team and play key roles in the day-to-day functions of the greater Revenue Cycle department. These people will be responsible for assigning proper CPT and ICD-10 codes, communicating and resolving issues with internal and external clients, as well as assisting in conducting monthly QA audits.
The Medical Coder position is an opportunity for a detail oriented, thorough, and self-motivated individual to help our Coding team provide value to the greater organization.
This is a remote position.
What You’ll Do:
- Accurately apply CPT and ICD-10 codes based on supporting documentation from all assigned clients.
- Researches and resolve coding related denials.
- Correct claim scrubber errors.
- Provide feedback and supporting research on documentation issues for assigned clients.
- Update workflow logs.
- Communicate and resolve issues with clients to ensure all charges are coded accurately and completely before entering into MSM’s billing system.
- Communicate and assist in resolving issues with MSM management and staff to ensure all charges are coded accurately and completely.
- Understand how coding processes relate to other billing processes and make recommendations that would improve the overall revenue cycle.
- Research and development of internal software based on utilization of tool with assigned accountabilities.
- Analysis and troubleshooting of client metrics based on assigned client accountabilities.
- Strong knowledge base of revenue cycle concepts that allows employee to easily identify, research and resolve 80% of daily issues.
- Effective communication with assigned client contacts regarding issues related to assigned accountabilities.
- Ability to communicate in a team environment to report on client status, metrics and issues in a group setting.
- Maintain processing timelines established through department service level targets (SLTs).
- Additional tasks as assigned.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of three years of experience in a medical coding role.
- CPC certification.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Strong reasoning skills.
- Teamwork orientation.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare administration, or related area a plus.
- Recipient of The Orange County Register’s Top Workplace Award 9 years running
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Remote/work from home opportunities to promote work life balance
- 100% company paid medical and dental coverage
- Company sponsored retirement plan
- Generous PTO and company paid holidays
- Awesome workplace and Company culture
- Volunteer and philanthropic opportunities
About Medical Specialties Managers (“MSM”)
At Medical Specialties Managers, Inc., we believe that a company is only as strong as the people it employs. We have a casual, enthusiastic, dynamic and collaborative working environment. We are a “flat” organization with an open-door policy. We are continuously focused on creating a positive and cooperative atmosphere. We strongly believe that practicing mutual respect in our relationships is beneficial for employees and employers alike. We make efforts to support our staff in achieving their personal and career goals. To that idea, we believe promoting from within creates a foundation of employees that are motivated, dedicated and highly knowledgeable. Providing our employees with an outstanding work environment, competitive compensation, bonus plan and an exceptional benefits package has resulted in being awarded “The Orange County Register’s Top Workplaces” honor for nine years running. It is our hope that being employed at MSM is both challenging and rewarding. We have a passion for what we do and we want our employees to feel the same.
Providence St. Joseph Health
In January 2017, the company was acquired by Providence St. Joseph Health. The future of the organization is bright as MSM is the exclusive practice management and revenue cycle management provider to medical group practices associated with Providence St. Joseph Health. Providence St. Joseph Health is a leading healthcare organization created by the merger of Providence Health & Services and St. Joseph Health with the goal of improving the health of the communities it serves, especially those who are poor and vulnerable. The organization has over 100,000 caregivers serving over 50 hospitals, 800 clinics, and a comprehensive range of services across Alaska, California, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Texas, and Washington.
Medical Specialties Managers, Inc. participates in E-Verify. We provide the Social Security Administration (SSA), and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.