|Specialties:||IOM, IONM, Neurology
|Required Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Preferred Experience:||1 to 2 years
|Location:||77 Sugar Creek Center Blvd #510 Sugar Land, 77478, TX, US
We are looking to recruit a competent Medical Coder to assist with coding medical documentation for insurance claims. In this position, you will play a key role in reviewing and analyzing medical billing and coding for processing.
To ensure success you need to make judicious decisions on which code to assign in each instance and function to a high level of accuracy. Top applicants are motivated, detail-oriented and have outstanding organizational skills.
MEDICAL CODING JOB DUTIES/SKILLS:
- Extracting relevant information from patient records.
- Assigning CPT, HCPCS, ICD-10
- Ensure charge information provided is accurate
- Must be able to research AND interpret carrier coding policies/edits (including CCI edits)
- Stay up to date with all corporate carrier policy changes AND guidelines as it relates to neuromonitoring claims (CMS guidelines)
- Ensuring compliance with medical coding policies and guidelines.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
MEDICAL CODER REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma, GED, or suitable equivalent.
- 3+ years of work experience in surgical, neurology or neuromonitoring coding (clinical, surgeries, etc.) IONM or Neurology preferred
- Active and current coding certification (CPC, CCS, etc.) through AAPC or AHIMA REQUIRED
- Must demonstrate knowledge of anatomy/physiology AND medical terminology
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information.